End to end visibility with Vehicle Logistics Management System
For OEMs or automotive 3PLs/4PLs who want total visibility from plant to dealer, VLMS seamlessly integrates with logistics providers for all segments of the finished vehicle pre-delivery and transportation process.
Our customers can predict vehicle arrivals, analyze transportation data, and automate the auditing of freight invoices, ultimately saving time and money.
Why ICL’s Vehicle Logistics Management System?
- Industry leader – VLMS is used by more OEMs than any other system
- 29 years industry experience in finished vehicle logistics
- We are independent – we do not own assets, so you can trust your data is managed free of bias to any logistics provider or OEM
- Frictionless integration of logistics provider data, managed by ICL
- Customizations are available for our customer’s business processes
- We proactively review data and work with the logistics providers to correct data quality
- We reinvest in our software based on customer feedback and the latest technologies – supported by our in-house development team, our software never gets stale
- Because it is cloud-based, VLMS can be accessed anywhere, from any device
- Unlimited user IDs for your employees, dealers, and logistics services providers
- Track vehicles from pre-production at the plant to dealer, including: truck, rail, ocean, yards and ports
- Eliminate work related to providing ETA updates to logistics providers or dealers by providing them access to the system to check ICL’s dynamically calculated ETAs for each segment in transit, including simplified screens designed with the dealer in mind
- Automate reporting related to managing inventory, in-transit pipelines, and exceptions, so the logistics team can focus on solving problems instead of finding them
- Analyze logistics provider performance KPIs, so you can identify the root cause of in transit delays and work with your providers to improve performance
- Create custom reports and share them between team members in a centralized location in the system, or generated as email reports, so everyone on the team is using the same data to make decisions about the supply chain
- Reduce the work associated with the manual audit and processing of freight invoices by setting up audit rules within the system, ensuring that every invoice is checked for every audit condition before payment is approved, and no duplicate payments occur
- Understand cost information down to the individual vehicle, to manage costs more effectively and maximize logistics provider performance
- Analyze the root cause of budget variances
- Seamlessly integrate between ICL and your ERP system, so that payment status information is in sync between both systems
Contact us today for a demo or to discuss setting up a free trial to try out the software before committing.
Our award-winning support team proactively manages the data and provides ongoing
support to your logistics team and your logistics service providers.
At sea - booking information, manifest, invoice, and real-time GPS location
At the plant - vehicle order # pre-production, production status updates, final quality release
At in-transit yards/ports - ingate/outgate, bay location updates, work orders, servicing events
Vehicle telematics - location, condition, status of vehicle
On rail - shipment information, real-time car location updates, invoices
On truck - booking information, pick up / delivery events, in-transit location updates, damage exceptions, proof of delivery
OEM logistics user - ETA updates, vehicle history, KPI reports, budgeting, invoice status
Logistics provider - vehicle information, LSP scorecard, invoice status, manually report deliveries
- Hosting managed by ICL (both cloud and server options available)
- Guaranteed system availability up to 99%, monitored 24/7/365
- Role-based security model
- Certifications: ISO, TISAX, SOC-1
- Optimized for Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, and mobile devices
ICL seamlessly integrates with any OEM or logistics provider,
including the following data exchange methods:
- The OEM’s ERP system (ex. SAP, or similar internal system)
- EDI, including ANSI-X12 and EDIFACT
- Flat files
- Web services
- Excel template upload
- Webscreen data entry
- ICL's Final Mile and YMS applications
Looking for something custom?
Because we are a software company and do all development in house,
we can accommodate your custom business needs.
Flat fee, based on volumes, complexity, and modules subscribed.
Depending on customizations needed, there may also be implementation costs.
Fees cover all hosting costs, system licensing fees, support costs, training, and unlimited user IDs.
Need more information?
Frequently asked questions
Yes! We provide dealers visibility in a number of ways, depending on the preference of the OEM:
- Login access to the system directly with a secure username / password
- Integration of our VLMS webscreen into an OEM dealer portal, managed with single sign-on
- Data feed of shipment status and ETA information from VLMS to the OEM systems, to provide internal reporting to the dealer
Data security is a top priority at ICL
- Our role-based security model ensures users only have access to the data you want them to have
- Our secure, web-native architecture includes multiple layers of security, and is monitored 24/7/365
- ICL is TISAX and SOC-1 certified
- Does your organization require a different certification for IT providers? We will work with you to ensure we maintain the appropriate credentials to support your business.